Do you have to buy presents for people who are hard to buy for and love food? I have some suggestions and if you order by December 19th, they can be shipped right to your, or their, address. Plus, you’ll be supporting a small business and that always feels good.
- For your vegan, vegetarian or want-to-be healthy-eating folks, Le Gourmet Girl has you covered. She has all organic products including soup mixes, flavored salts and popcorn, lentil loaves plus my new favorite, Buttah. You can read about her product line and contact information at this link: http://anexpatreturns.com/vegan-gf-non-gmo-products-that-taste-good/ She works out of Washington state but can ship anywhere in the states and Canada.
- Now for something sweet and covered in chocolate, Watson’s Sponge Candy is a western New York classic candy. It’s spun sugar dipped in chocolate that is crunchy and melts in your mouth. They sell 35,000 tons every year and is addictive. Read about their treats here: http://anexpatreturns.com/35000-tons-of-happiness/
- The local Native American tribes have an informative museum close to Rochester and grow heritage vegetables. For your friends who like to bake, their Roasted White Corn Flour, will enhance their recipes. The roasted corn emphases the flavor and sweetness and makes some of the best cornbread you’ve ever tasted. The recipe and information about the Ganondagan white corn flour and museum can be found here: http://anexpatreturns.com/iroquois-white-corn-project/
- For your friends who enjoy international flavors, my e-cookbook: Cooking Tips From Around the World, a Culinary Travel Adventure will take them around the world with the ease of a keyboard. Since it’s an e-book, it makes a last minute gift since, all the time it takes, is a download. More information is here: http://anexpatreturns.com/cook-your-way-around-the-world/
- For real maple products that are healthy, wholesome and pure, Wohlschlegel Naples Maple Farm has everything you can imagine. From syrup to coffee, their products are authentically maple without additives or watered down liquid. A husband and wife team work the farm and every duty thereafter. You won’t be disappointed with the quality only wishing you ordered more. Here’s their story: http://anexpatreturns.com/a-sweet-couple-and-their-ny-maple-syrup/
- If you like to give home cooked gifts, this Venetian “Glass” Candy Bowl with fruit stones is easy to prepare and makes a stunning bowl. You read that right. Fulvia Sesani in Venice, Italy, the home of Murano glass, made this bowl while I was videoing at her cooking school. It’s worth a watch to see the magic that happens with sugar. Here’s the link: http://cookingtipstv.com/v/129,venetian-glass-candy-bowl-and-fruit.html
I hope these suggestions give you gift ideas for your family, friends and you!
Opinions of the author are her own and products were purchased or otherwise noted for discussion. I welcome your comments and suggestions for food and specialty items from upstate New York and can be reached at: email@example.com